I've been using for a long time a custom version of gajim in order to make it interact with wmii. More precisely, I have, in my wmii status bar, a dedicated log zone where I print notification messages such as new incoming emails or text received from gajim (with different colors if special words were cited, etc.).
I recently decided to throw away my custom gajim and use python and dbus to achieve the same goal in a cleaner way. A very basic version can be found in the simpled project. As of now, the only way to get the code is trhough mercurial:
hg clone http://www.logilab.org/hg/simpled
The source file is named gajimnotifier.py. In this file, you'll also find a version sending messages to Ion's status bar.
- logilab-xmltools High level tools to help using XML in Python
- The Python Package Index is not a "Software Distribution"
- qgpibplotter is (hopefully) working
- pyreverse http://www.logilab.org/project/pylint a set of tools for reverse engineering Python code.
- Reinteract: un outil intéressant pour faire du numpy/scipy