pylint #9992 -e cannot be overriden by --enable-msg [resolved]
So I have a set of Python files with quite a lot of warnings which will take quite some time to fix. So for now I'd like to have make call pylint to report only errors and the warning W0611.
The obvious way to do so would be:
pylint -e --enable-msg=W0611 ...
But that does not work. In fact it turns our that once a warning has been disabled through -e, --disable-msg-cat or --disable-msg, it cannot be reenabled, no matter what order the options are in. The disable directives always have priority.
So as is --enable-msg is completely useless and it's not possible to enable a specific message.
|closed by||<not specified>|
- pylint #3203 disabling W0702 (no exception's type specified) works in a strange way
- pylint #18954 problem with if/else and message disabling
- pylint #4016 message deactivation / multi lines statements
- pylint #4288 message [en|dis]abling refactoring
- pylint #110235 Support comments after message-control pragmas