logilab-astng #72355 E1101 false positive for collections.deque descendants [open]
Pylint 0.24 marks a false positive E1101 when using any of collections.deque methods in a class inheriting from it.
For a brief example:
""" A collection of better collections. """ import collections class BetterDeque(collections.deque): """ A deque that is clearly better. """ def popright(self): """ Same as *pop()*, but named consistently. """ return self.pop()
Will produce E: 16:BetterDeque.popright: Instance of 'BetterDeque' has no 'pop' member, which is clearly invalid.
I suppose this might be because collections.deque is actually defined in _collections.so...
|closed by||<not specified>|
- logilab-astng #46273 wrong type inference for subprocess.Popen(...).communicate(...)
- logilab-astng #8766 support for namedtuple
- pylint #18778 W0613 false positive on overridden dictionary methods
- logilab-astng #23986 False positive: E1101
- logilab-astng #4294 E1102 false positive (not callable)