pylint #6905 R0801 message cannot be disabled locally [open]
Submitted by Dustin Rasener on the mailing list:
I would like to disable this message in the same way that I locally disable other messages in pylint. For example, if I want to not include a docstring for just one function in a file, I would use:
# pylint: disable-msg=C0111 def function_with_no_docstring(self): ...
My main problem is that the "similar lines" checker (R0801 above) catches similar import statements in different files. I would like to get these messages where they are useful (where there is a possibility to refactor copy-and-pasted code), so I don't want to disable it completely. However, I cannot seem to accomplish with R0801 what I have with other messages. (locally disabling the message for particular lines of code.)
|done in||<not specified>|
|closed by||<not specified>|
- pylint #4016 message deactivation / multi lines statements
- logilab-astng #2459 __path__ handling
- pylint #4288 message [en|dis]abling refactoring
- logilab-astng #9515 strange message for non-class "Class baz has no egg member"
- pylint #106534 add --ignore-imports to code duplication (R0801) / symilar