pylint #2471 branch count of a function include subfunctions [open]
The point is that the number of branchs for a function includes the branchs of locally defined subfunctions. As I said it's currently more a blocks counter than a branch counter.
I think I would consider normal to have each sub-function count for 1 branch in the count of a function. Count all sub-functions branches for the parent seems not intuitive for me and does not make justice to the modularity effort.
|done in||<not specified>|
|closed by||<not specified>|
- pylint #5977 yield != return
- pylint #2467 similarities in the same file are not considered
- pylint #5564 Parameters with leading "_" shouldn't count as "local" variables
- pylint #4983 new py2.5 check: test "yield" in "try" body with yield in exception handlers.
- pylint #9776 warning if return or break inside a finally