pylint #2457 line too long on docstring [open]
i had a look at the source: the culprit seems to be the (use of the) tokenize.generate_tokens function. it returns the whole triple-quoted string as one token, but where pylint.checkers.format.FormatChecker.process_tokens calls self.new_line it assumes that the token only brought one new line with it...
i have no idea why this does not happen on Linux too (and i am too lazy to reboot now ;-)
Python 2.4.1, Windows XP, pylint 0.7.0
|done in||<not specified>|
|closed by||<not specified>|
- pylint #4683 Non-ASCII characters count double if utf8 encode
- pylint #19799 "pylint -blah" exit with status 2
- pylint #5977 yield != return
- pylint #4983 new py2.5 check: test "yield" in "try" body with yield in exception handlers.
- pylint #4018 option to specify a directory when using file-output option