pylint #2457 line too long on docstring [open]
i had a look at the source: the culprit seems to be the (use of the) tokenize.generate_tokens function. it returns the whole triple-quoted string as one token, but where pylint.checkers.format.FormatChecker.process_tokens calls self.new_line it assumes that the token only brought one new line with it...
i have no idea why this does not happen on Linux too (and i am too lazy to reboot now ;-)
Python 2.4.1, Windows XP, pylint 0.7.0
|appeared in||<not specified>|
|done in||<not specified>|
|closed by||<not specified>|
- pylint #4683 Non-ASCII characters count double if utf8 encode
- pylint #9776 warning if return or break inside a finally
- pylint #4983 new py2.5 check: test "yield" in "try" body with yield in exception handlers.
- logilab-astng #903 cache for external libraries
- pylint #4738 more synthetic output, à la pychecker