I recently understood why easy_install wasn't able to find so many of our packages anymore.
The problem was due to a recent change on our website. The project page was ajaxified, and since easy_install uses some screenscrapping techniques to get distribution archives, it can not find the files it is looking for.
To fix this, we should make our tarballs downloadable from PyPI, by using
python setup.py register sdist upload
instead of the current:
python setup.py register
Uploading our public python software packages to PyPI will make them easy_installable in a breeze !
- pylint #8337 easy_install pylint fails and doesn't install dependencies
- The Configuration Management Problem
- pylint #8547 setup.py doesn't work with setuptools
- pylint #103949 create a console_scripts entry point to be used by easy_install, buildout and pip
- logilab-astng #8969 false positive when importing from zip-safe eggs