We're very happy to host the Distutils2 sprint this week in Paris.
The sprint has started yesterday with some of Logilab's developers and others contributors. We'll sprint during 4 days, trying to pull up the new python package manager.
Let's sumarize this first day:
- Boris Feld and Pierre-Yves David worked on the new system for detecting and dispatching data-files.
- Julien Miotte worked on
- moving qGitFilterBranch from setuptools to distutils2
- testing distutils2 installation and register (see the tutorial)
- the backward compatibility to distutils in setup.py, using setup.cfg to fill the setup arguments of setup for helping users to switch to distutils2.
- André Espaze and Alain Leufroy worked on the python script that help developers build a setup.cfg by recycling their existing setup.py (track).
Join us on IRC at #distutils on irc.freenode.net !