The Openmoko Freerunner is a computer with embedded GSM, accelerometer and GPS. I got mine last week after waiting for a month for the batch to get from Taiwan to the french company I bought it from. The first thing I had to admit was that some time will pass before it gets confortable to use it as a phone. The current version of the system has many weird things in its user interface and the phone works, but the other end of the call suffers a very unpleasant echo.
I will try to install Debian, Qtopia and Om2008.8 to compare them. I also want to quickly get Python scripts to run on it and get back to Narval hacking. I had an agent running on a bulky Palm+GPS+radionetwork back in 1999 and I look forward to run on this device the same kind of funny things I was doing in AI research ten years ago.
- logilab-xmltools High level tools to help using XML in Python
- The Python Package Index is not a "Software Distribution"
- qgpibplotter is (hopefully) working
- pyreverse http://www.logilab.org/project/pylint a set of tools for reverse engineering Python code.
- Reinteract: un outil intéressant pour faire du numpy/scipy