I was at the Open Legislative Data Conference on may 28 2014 in Paris, to present a simple demo I worked on since the same event that happened two years ago.
The demo was called "Law is Code Rebooted with CubicWeb". It featured the use of the cubicweb-vcreview component to display the amendments of the hospital law ("loi hospitalière") gathered into a version control system (namely Mercurial).
The basic idea is to compare writing code and writing law, for both are collaborative and distributed writing processes. Could we reuse for the second one the tools developed for the first?
Here are the slides and a few screenshots.
While attending the conference, I enjoyed several interesting talks and chats with other participants, including:
- the study of co-sponsorship of proposals in the french parliament
- data.senat.fr announcing their use of PostgreSQL and JSON.
- and last but not least, the great work done by RegardsCitoyens and SciencesPo MediaLab on visualizing the law making process.
Thanks to the organisation team and the other speakers. Hope to see you again!
- OpenData à Nantes: agrégateur des événements culturels
- Rencontre Open Data à Nantes: Enjeux et opportunités pour le secteur culturel
- Retour Agile Tour Nantes 2012 - présentation et pistes à explorer
- PyconFR 2014 : jour 1, frameworks web et gestion de source
- Logilab à PyConFR 2012 - compte rendu