https://ep2014.europython.eu/static_media/assets/images/logo.png

Here are the list of things we managed to achieve during those last two days at EuroPython.

After several attempts, Michal managed to have pylint running analysis on several files in parallel. This is still in a pull request (https://bitbucket.org/logilab/pylint/pull-request/82/added-support-for-checking-files-in) because of some limitations, so we decided it won't be part of the 1.3 release.

Claudiu killed maybe 10 bugs or so and did some heavy issues cleanup in the trackers. He also demonstrated some experimental support of python 3 style annotation to drive a better inference. Pretty exciting! Torsten also killed several bugs, restored python 2.5 compat (though that will need a logilab-common release as well), introduced a new functional test framework that will replace the old one once all the existing tests will be backported. On wednesday, he did show us a near future feature they already have at Google: some kind of confidence level associated to messages so that you can filter out based on that. Sylvain fixed a couple of bugs (including https://bitbucket.org/logilab/pylint/issue/58/ which was annoying all the numpy community), started some refactoring of the PyLinter class so it does a little bit fewer things (still way too many though) and attempted to improve the pylint note on both pylint and astroid, which went down recently "thanks" to the new checks like 'bad-continuation'.

Also, we merged the pylint-brain project into astroid to simplify things, so you should now submit your brain plugins directly to the astroid project. Hopefuly you'll be redirected there on attempt to use the old (removed) pylint-brain project on bitbucket.

And, the good news is that now both Torsten and Claudiu have new powers: they should be able to do some releases of pylint and astroid. To celebrate that and the end of the sprint, we published Pylint 1.3 together with Astroid 1.2. More on this here.

blog entry of

Logilab.org - en